Sunday, August 29, 2010

[TRANSLATIONS] G-Dragon’s “WITH” Magazine Dating & Life Interview


BIGBANG Special!
We want to know who Big Bang is in Seoul Korea, special coverage! Right now in Japan group Big Bang is soaring in popularity! In Korea, the group still attracts attention for being active as a group and as solo artists. This issue of “with” from Seoul, Korea will find out their undisguised appearance. We hit their dance studio, home, etc. This is the very first time local media in Japan does this kind of coverage in order to access their still unknown hearts!

South Korea’s music top representative group
BIGBANG debuted in August 2006 and had a major impact on the country called, South Korea. With their high and bass rap. Distinctive singing, music, dancing, they were equipped with such high quality that no one could believe it came from these young kids. The first time people’s eyes were on them was through the unprecedented, survival mode, documentary broadcasted. It was not only on TV, but as well as on the internet. The people who watched the sometimes happy, other times crying, and giving up appearances of these young boys, suddenly became their prisoner. They released 3 singles over the spam of only half a year and immediately dominated the charts. The 5 of them are a group that have literally swept the entire nation.


But they didn’t reach the top spot easily.
G-DRAGON, SOL spent their life as trainees for as long as 6 years. VI had to audition more than once as he failed the first time made it in the end after experiencing the life of a trainee for a year and a half. He experienced bone-cut lessons and the severity of being a professional he felt it with his own skin. They impressed people with their skills, their personality and the bonds between the members that people called empathic. In addition, their unique fashion and multi-talents received support from the people. Since they had their major debut in Japan in 2009, they have been receiving more and more momentum. On this issue of “With”, we are going to Seoul to look for them, just like they are. At YG Entertainment we are covering all areas, the dance studio, gym, recording studio etc. A talk with their hearts will be conveyed comfortably since they are at home!.

“I have heard from other people who even when I’m compared to people my own age, I’m more deep and thoughtful. Plus I think I’m a little more on the adult/mature side. From early in my life, I would listen to music, watch movies…and I would get more deeply excited than my classmates, when I found artistic things that were touching to me I even cried. Now if I had to pick what influenced my emotional/sensitive side, it would be Wu Tang’s music that I heard in 4th grader. Since then I had the dream of wanting to rap and I began to write songs’ lyrics.”

Since his start of school he started to make music, produce and his fashion sense….Behind all of his unusual talent the, “I want freedom”, idea has had a great influence.

“The thought of wanting to be free has always been very strong since the past. I think it appears in my music and fashion. As a result of this I’m thankful to the people around me that accept this and that favorably say that’s just part of my personality. I want freedom but at the same time I don’t like doing anything ambiguous. I’m the type that is always certain/determined in everything I do. Basically, freedom isn’t all I want. Rather than that, I want to think that all the choices I make for my distant future have been made by me. “

Wishing to be free but disliking being ambiguous. That sounds like the kind of nature of a leader who presides over his unique members. Also, the trainee time took 6 years, that made him more committed and professional.

“I think that without my trainee period I wouldn’t be where I am now. It’s true that time was painful but at the same time it was a good time. I got through it all because it was what I wanted. Just thinking about music and dance, made me put all my passion on it. Even now I still love music but, other than music there are other things I have to think about. Sometimes I think that I want to go back, it would be nice. To just simply chase what I enjoyed doing. (laughs)”

It’s possible for him to say such things because G-DRAGON isn’t going to escape, because he is on the next stage.

“I’m still only 22 years old. At my age, I need to experience different things from now on. To build myself, I want to take it slowly. Then one day, I wonder if I can become a nice/cool man. (laughs)”


Dating Q&A #1: What kind of person do you become when you are dating?
In the past I didn’t think much of it, just of the person I like, but right now realistically, I think it’s impossible to be together with her or to do something for her. So if I think that way, I think it’s because I’m passive to love.


Dating Q&A #2 What do you think about the thought of distance from the person you like?
Right now I don’t know how to put in words the distance I’m thinking about in my mind….but I think a bit of a distance feeling is needed [for a relationship]. I have to look after my personal privacy but anywhere you go finding privacy isn’t easy.


Dating Q&A #3 Do you find yourself thinking of marriage?
Of course I don’t think of it right now, but I don’t want to think that it will be in the very distant future. However, when I’m married I want to have a good time always, just like the times of when we dated. Even with a baby I would like to make anywhere in the world we go a possible environment to live in.


Drawing for the future, what do you think you need for now?
To not forget the original intentions, take time to create ourselves. What we need the most now is rest, time, novice, and a hungry mind. In Korea groups start going independent or form a group with other members after 4 to 5 years. For Big Bang the timing is close, but us 5 should still pursue for more without forgetting our original intentions and taking time to create our own selves.


Source: DCDG
Translated: Jae In @ ibigbang.wordpress.com

 Shared: Emy@allaboutbigbang

0 coments:

Post a Comment