Saturday, March 26, 2011

[INTERVIEW] Daesung “I am preparing for a solo album” W Magazine!


W:During this period of time, the other members are busy with their own activities except for Daesung. Still, you seem to desire singing the most.
DS: I really want to step onto the stage. All this while I am preparing for a solo album, but this is delayed since I have to film for the drama. The filming has just wrapped up a while ago.

W: So the voice that exploded in the climax of “Cafe” is Daesung’s!
DS: Overall, my voice’s condition has a huge influence in it. I can’t sing in falsetto. The first verse was supposed to be Youngbae’s part – I suggested using my normal voice to sing the second verse, bringing it into the climax. I usually listen to rock-and-roll. Also, since my voice is rich, I can pull off singing smoothly. Before this I have practice how to make my voice stand out. Under Jiyong hyung’s guidance, I manage to pull it off relatively well.

W: As a vocalist, you seem to be like a capable person who can pull of different genres. What kind of music do you want to produce personally?
DS: I like Urban Sound, Soul, R&B, these genres. The company and I are coordinating to producing songs of these type as well as music that everyone likes.

W: In “Tonight” MV, you are the only one who come in contact with a woman. When did you start taking on the sexy image in the group?
DS: The other members often tease me because of this, saying it’s not sexy but provocative. They said even if I wear a white vest without any designs and a T shirt I am still very provocative. I want to say that the other members had taken this joke too far, but just not long ago the manager in charge of filming (the MV) also told me my eyes had became provocative, is there anything different about me? Maybe it’s because I cut and dyed my hair black…maybe it’s because I yearn to perform during the long hiatus (laughs).

W: After completing the filming for the drama the only thing left is waiting for it to air. If you were to compare between acting and singing, what do you think?
DS: No matter when acting or singing, it is merely a form of expressing feelings. Just like it is my own story, it’s telling something that might happen to me. This is the only area (where acting and singing) is similar. Although this is the first time I challenge acting, acting is still more difficult. Song Ji-na (an author) always said “A person who can’t act is an actor”. I always keep this in mind. If I am even the slightest bit deliberate, even breathing will seem fake. At first, I thought that I can show my natural self, but I realise this is actually quite difficult! It’s different for variety shows, I just need to absorb myself into it (laughs).

W: Daesung is on variety shows and trot as well giving off friendly vibe, but you seem to yearn on expressing a different side of you.
DS: There are different sides hidden within every person, and it is the same for me. Normally I am shy and don’t talk much; nobody will believe me if I say this, right? Although from now on I want to do music that I like, that is more sincere, I do not plan to erase the behavior that entertained everyone. A lot of people have difficulty finding an attitude that suit themselves, so for me to be able to pull it off is very lucky. I think I need to integrate this with what I want to do, so everyone will not see much difference.

W: So will you continue maintaining your sexy image? (laughs)
DS: I am fairly satisfied with this, so lately I try not to smile, not looking at the sides but looking to the front.

translated: wings@baidu + j-lene@bbupdates

0 coments:

Post a Comment